• Degree in Law University of Leuven;
• Graduate in Fiscal Sciences, Groep T Leuven;
• He began his career as a lawyer with the payroll Sofim Hasselt. In 2001 he moved to Deloitte to join later that year as a lawyer at the Brussels bar within the firm Laga;
• Since January 1, 2015, he joined the law firm Gevaco LAWYERS;
• Part-time teaching assistant Institute for Social Law of the Catholic University of Leuven;
• Arbitrator within the Belgian Court of Arbitration for Sport (BAS);
• Member of the Arbitration Appeals Committee for Professional Football.
Geert Joosten has years of experience in employment law, social security law and immigration law, which provide advice to clients on individual and collective labor law and social security law and this from a Belgian, European and international perspective.
Geert Joosten escorted already several companies in their restructuring, including redundancies.
Geert Joosten also provides assistance in litigation before the Labour Court and assists clients in their relationships with the various inspectorates.